Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York.
Board-certified neurologists seeking an opportunity at Guthrie Clinic will find a collegial environment, within a physician-led, academic setting. Guthrie neurologists perform advanced studies on the brain, including cerebral and magnetic resonance angiography, electroencephalography and electromyography. The department participates in more than 8,800 clinical studies annually within the Department of Neurosciences. Guthrie’s employed physicians enjoy the ability to provide innovative care to patients, participate in research and aspire to leadership positions. That sense of leadership extends to the communities in which they live and work.
Guthrie physicians exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative setting, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
- Practice volume approximately 25% inpatient and 75% outpatient
- Service line performs more than 8,800 combined studies annually
- EMG volume approx. 120 studies per month
- Botox Clinic, Memory Clinic, and Sleep Disorder Center
- Sleep Center volume approx. 100 studies per month
- Teaching opportunities available
- Sophisticated EMR allows digital retrieval and access to studies from work and home
- Perform Visual and Brainstem Evoked Responses, EEG, EMG, Nerve Conduction Studies, Carotid Ultrasounds, MRS, MRA, Tomography, Myelography and Computerized Axial Tomography, etc.
- DocForward onboarding program to ensure mutual success for the physician and the organization
- Candidate must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Neurology
Join Dr. Meyer, a fellowship trained, board certified neurologist, from Catholic Health Systems in Buffalo, N.Y. Dr. Meyer brings with him over 24 years of expertise. He completed his residency for neurology at The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. and two fellowships in Nuclear Medicine and Brain PET Imaging, at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pa. and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Mich.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
If you are a Neurologist who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad career opportunities for spouses abound, at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and educational institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a quick trip.
Discover the innumerable rewards of life in the Twin Tiers.
Email me this job description.