Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York.
Board-certified occupational medicine physicians seeking an opportunity at Guthrie Clinic will find a collegial environment, within a physician-led, academic setting. Guthrie’s Occupational Medicine department has worked with area employers for more than 20 years to provide services to over 1,000 clients, with the goal of maintaining a healthy workforce. Guthrie is the only organization in the region that offers such a program. Guthrie’s employed physicians enjoy the ability to provide innovative care to patients, participate in research and aspire to leadership positions. That sense of leadership extends to the communities in which they live and work.
Guthrie physicians exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative setting, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie Medical Group, PC, seeks a BC/BE Occupational Medicine physician to join a collegial team of 5 other Board-Certified Occupational Medicine physicians.
o If candidate is not BC/BE in Occupational Medicine but is already BC/BE in another field of medicine, then Guthrie will offer subsidized Occupational Medicine training, including the MPH and Residency
o Highly trained and experienced physicians focused on common goals
o Framework of multispecialty clinic, employing nearly 500 physicians and advanced practice providers
o Four (4) sister hospitals, 32 satellite offices, and several subsidiaries in system
- Enjoy a salaried opportunity, with a typical work day averaging 50% occupational- medicine physicals and 50% workers'-compensation appointments.
- Low-stress environment
- No call and no night, weekend, or holiday work
- A work/life balance others only dream of
- Guthrie's Section of Occupational Medicine is established, boasting a 25-year history that is regionally unsurpassed.
- Serving over 2000 corporate clients
- Many of Fortune 500 caliber
- Very loyal
- Comprehensive service menu
- Serving over 2000 corporate clients
- Guthrie supports the latest technology, including EMR.
- Nestled in the heart of the Endless Mountains in northern Pennsylvania, as well as in many areas of quaint Upstate New York, Guthrie offers unrivaled quality of life.
- Low cost of living
- Excellent schools, colleges, and universities in area
- Minimal traffic
- Low crime rate
- Driving time to metro Philadelphia, NYC, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Toronto averaging 5 hours
- Two, nearby regional airports connected to national airline hubs
- Skiing, boating, hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, and many other outdoor activities available, spanning the seasons
- World-famous wineries, numbering in the dozens, in New York’s nearby Finger Lakes Region
- Join a nationally recognized physician-led organization in a financially robust, integrated healthcare system that is recognized for its quality and efficiency in delivering healthcare services to an area covering more than 14,000 square miles.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
If you are an Occupational Medicine Physician who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad career opportunities for spouses abound, at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and educational institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a quick trip.
Discover the innumerable rewards of life in the Twin Tiers.
Email me this job description.