Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. They exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative environment, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
- Position located in Big Flats, NY with regionalization to Corning, NY
- Guthrie's Department of Ophthalmology is a highly successful, dynamic and growing multi specialty group with a well established ophthalmic and optometric referral base spanning over 7 counties
- Ability to take on a busy, growing practice with high volume.
- Our highly trained Optometrists practice medical optometry, working closely and co-managing patients with our specialty based Ophthalmology group. .
- Position will be initially allotted 2 exam rooms in each location with the ability to increase as practice develops.
- Offers a great work-life balance with weekly hours of Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with no call requirement.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract providers who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every provider at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
If you are a Provider who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Corning Hospital, Corning Centerway Clinic, Corning Steuben Clinic and Healthworks are located in Corning, NY within an easy commute of major cities of the northeast - Rochester, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Toronto (Ontario, Canada), Philadelphia, and New York City - all are within 2 to 4-1/2 hour's drive.
Excellent schools. Affordable housing. Low cost-of-living. Safe place to raise a family.
Located just south of the Finger Lakes Region with a multitude of lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing four-season recreation.
Area renowned for maple products (syrup, sugar, candy), wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
Corning Inc. is the area's largest employer with four major branches: consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. The company's products include glass substrates for LCD televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fiber, cable hardware and other equipment for telecommunications networks; optical biosensors used in drug research; and other advanced optics and specialty glass products for the semiconductor, aerospace, defense, and metrology industries.
Three regional airports are nearby with easy connections to New York City, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando, FL. In addition, two large international airports are nearby.
- Elmira/Corning Regional Airport - 10 minutes away
- Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport - 40 minutes northeast
- Binghamton Regional Airport - 1-1/2 hours east
- Greater Rochester International Airport - 1-1/2 hours northwest
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport - 2-1/2 hours northwest
Big Flats, NY
Email me this job description.