Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York.
Board-certified orthopaedic surgeons seeking an opportunity at Guthrie Clinic will find a collegial environment, within a physician-led, academic setting. Guthrie’s growing Orthopaedics department uses leading-edge technology to perform joint replacements, joint revisions and joint reconstruction. Guthrie welcomes fellowship-trained physicians who want to practice sports medicine hand surgery, or who wish to start their own sub-specialty program. Guthrie’s employed physicians enjoy the ability to provide innovative care to patients, participate in research and aspire to leadership positions. That sense of leadership extends to the communities in which they live and work.
Guthrie physicians exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative setting, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization, is establishing a new Orthopaedic Surgery Residency and is seeking a Program Director to help develop its newest program. Guthrie is currently home to 6 Graduate Medical Education Programs and is an active rotation site for medical students.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- ABOS Board Certification
- Minimum of 4 years Clinical Practice post-residency/fellowship
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Associate Program Director OR 3 years as an active faculty member
- Eligibility for an unrestricted PA/NY state license
THIS UNIQUE POSITION OFFERS:
- Opportunity to build your vision as the inaugural leader of a new residency, to include 10 residents
- Supportive community physicians interested in teaching
- Strong institutional commitment to a growing GME program
- Modern facilities with new and recently renovated patient care areas
- Ample protected time dedicated for program development and administrative duties
- Flexible clinical duties with the ability to focus in your area of interest
- Resources and protected time available for clinical or basic science research
- Future potential and support for the development of sub-specialty fellowships
- Strong compensation and comprehensive benefits package commensurate with experience
Whether you enjoy the outdoors, theater, museums or a winery tour at the Finger Lakes, there is a Guthrie location that is right for you. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
Guthrie Clinic, founded in 1910, provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie Clinic is comprised of four hospitals, 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities throughout our service area. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, graduate medical education and a research institute.
Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
Guthrie's main campus, a Level II Trauma Center in Sayre, is situated in north-central Pennsylvania, located just a few miles from the New York border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of the PA Grand Canyon) and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.
- High volume, 100% hand only practice
- 85% elective, 15% trauma case mix
- Call shared 1:4 and is hand only - no general call requirement
- Fellowship training required
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource; therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team, who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthie based on our core values of patient-centeredness, teamwork and excellent. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization. If you are a hand surgeon who shares our vision, we would love to talk with you.
Corning Hospital, Corning Centerway Clinic, Corning Steuben Clinic and Healthworks are located in Corning, NY within an easy commute of major cities of the northeast - Rochester, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Toronto (Ontario, Canada), Philadelphia, and New York City - all are within 2 to 4-1/2 hour's drive.
Excellent schools. Affordable housing. Low cost-of-living. Safe place to raise a family.
Located just south of the Finger Lakes Region with a multitude of lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing four-season recreation.
Area renowned for maple products (syrup, sugar, candy), wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
Corning Inc. is the area's largest employer with four major branches: consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. The company's products include glass substrates for LCD televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fiber, cable hardware and other equipment for telecommunications networks; optical biosensors used in drug research; and other advanced optics and specialty glass products for the semiconductor, aerospace, defense, and metrology industries.
Three regional airports are nearby with easy connections to New York City, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando, FL. In addition, two large international airports are nearby.
- Elmira/Corning Regional Airport - 10 minutes away
- Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport - 40 minutes northeast
- Binghamton Regional Airport - 1-1/2 hours east
- Greater Rochester International Airport - 1-1/2 hours northwest
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport - 2-1/2 hours northwest
- Multi-specialty orthopaedic group is seeking a fellowship trained foot and ankle specialist to join their team of 15 surgeons
- High volume practice with a large referral base
- Opportunity to be the only foot and ankle surgeon in the practice
- Level II Regional Trauma Center and tertiary care teaching hospital
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization. If you are an Orthopaedic Surgeon who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Guthrie's main campus in Sayre is situated in a lush valley at the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chemung Rivers in north-central Pennsylvania.
Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls--all within 3-1/2 hours.
The area is renowned for its maple products (syrup, sugar, candy) wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
30 miles south of the Finger Lake Region of New York State: Lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing 4-season recreation--1 hour from Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania.
Easy driving distance to most major cities in the Northeast.
Excellent schools and affordable housing; low cost-of-living. Safe, family-friendly community.
Choice to live and/or play in several different communities:
- The Valley: Sayre and Athens, PA and Waverly, NY
- Elmira, NY (20 minutes from main campus)
- Corning, NY (40 minutes from main campus): international headquarters to Corning, Inc.
- Vestal/Binghamton, NY (30 minutes from main campus)
- Ithaca, NY (35 minutes north of main campus); home to Cornell University
Three regional airports within 40 minutes (of main campus in Sayre) with easy connections to New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando. In addition, two international airports are approximately 2 hours away.
- Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- Binghamton Regional Airport
- Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport
- Greater Rochester International Airport
- Albany International Airport