Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York.
Board-certified otolaryngologists seeking an opportunity at Guthrie Clinic will find a collegial environment, within a physician-led, academic setting. Guthrie’s full-service Otolaryngology department provides medical and surgical services, including microscopic and endoscopic surgery and somnoplasty, to adult and pediatric patients. Guthrie’s employed physicians enjoy the ability to provide innovative care to patients, participate in research and aspire to leadership positions. That sense of leadership extends to the communities in which they live and work.
Guthrie physicians exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative setting, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
- The otolaryngology / head and neck service line provides comprehensive subspecialty service for adult patients and general specialty services for pediatric patients through a regionalized tertiary healthcare delivery system.
- The candidates will direct department subspecialization toward the development of Centers of Excellence in: Rhinology and Sino nasal disease; and, Laryngology and Voice. The opportunity and resources exist to provide financial support for candidates wishing to pursue, or currently in the process of completing a fellowship. Clinical academic appointments will be available at the appropriate level of experience/training.
- Special strengths of the service line include endoscopic minimally invasive surgery for chronic ear middle ear disorders, cochlear implantation and other advanced hearing amplification surgical techniques, stereotactic endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery, genetic testing for thyroid cancer risk stratification, office based ultrasound guided needle biopsy and others.
- Office based Sino-Nasal Allergy program is fully implemented with laboratory testing and immunotherapy. APP support for the physician directing the program will be provided. It is anticipated that this program will be established at multiple regional sites in the service line, and directed by the candidate. Infrastructure, manpower and equipment support will be made available for service line implementation of the program.
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.
If you are an Otolaryngologist who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a lush valley at the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chemung Rivers in north-central Pennsylvania. Located just a few miles from the New York border, the Sayre area is proximate to the major cities of the northeast: Philadelphia, New York City, Buffalo, Rochester and Niagara Falls--all are within 3-1/2 hours' drive.
The area is renowned for its maple products (syrup, sugar, candy) wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
30 miles south of the Finger Lake Region of New York State: Lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing 4-season recreation--1 hour from Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania
Easy driving distance to most major cities in the Northeast
Excellent schools and affordable housing; low cost-of-living. Safe place to raise a family.
Choice to live and/or play in several different communities:
- The Valley: Sayre and Athens, PA and Waverly, NY
- Elmira, NY (20 minutes from main campus)
- Corning, NY (40 minutes from main campus); international headquarters to Corning, Inc.
- Vestal/Binghamton, NY (30 minutes from main campus)
- Ithaca, NY (35 minutes north of main campus); home to Cornell University
Three regional airports within 40 minutes (of main campus in Sayre) with easy connections to New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando. In addition two international airports are approximately 2 hours away.
- Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- Binghamton Regional Airport
- Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport
- Greater Rochester International Airport
- Albany International Airport
Email me this job description.