Explore Guthrie

View Opportunities

Palliative Care

Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. They exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative environment, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity. 

Job description:
  • Guthrie Medical Group is looking for someone with a strong desire to develop a Palliative Care service line
  • This is an inpatient practice with the development of an outpatient program
  • 90% of consultations are medical while the other 10% are surgical
  • There is 1 Nurse Practitioner and 1 Social Worker who are dedicated to the service line
  • A typical work day is Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm with no call
  • Guthrie is a practicing physician led organization in a financially robust integrated healthcare system.
  • Collegial, team environment

As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.

Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization.

Community Overview:

Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.

Myriad career opportunities for spouses abound, at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and educational institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a quick trip.

Discover the innumerable rewards of life in the Twin Tiers.

Location:

Sayre, PA

Contact:

Shannon Anderson

Phone:
(570) 887-6490
Click here to receive a link to the full job description

Email me this job description.