Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York.
Board-certified plastic surgeons seeking an opportunity at Guthrie Clinic will find a collegial environment, within a physician-led, academic setting. Guthrie’s growing Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery department uses leading-edge technology to perform micro-vascular procedures and, with its Sciton Joule laser, is constantly expanding the range of patient services. Guthrie’s employed physicians enjoy the ability to provide innovative care to patients, participate in research and aspire to leadership positions. That sense of leadership extends to the communities in which they live and work.
Guthrie physicians exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative setting, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
- Visionary leader needed for multi-site department within a large integrated healthcare system
- Inspirational relationship builder who will collaborate with Chairman of Surgery to set course on quality programmatic development
- Join two (2) exceptional Plastic Surgeons to practice reconstructive, microsurgical, hand and cosmetic surgery
- Practice in the new state-of-the-art operating suites at Robert Packer Hospital and in the Ambulatory Surgery Center
- In-house General Surgery Residency
- Desirable call schedule
- Strong regional name recognition with broad referral base
- Physician Assistants provide regular support for Plastic Surgeons
- 3 Medical Office Assistants, 4 Surgical Technicians
- 6 exam rooms and a procedure room
- Most common procedures/surgeries: General plastics and soft tissue reconstruction (flaps), post-Oncologic and trauma reconstruction, Microvascular, breast reconstruction and hand cases.
- All Guthrie Physicians have the opportunity to engage in clinical and academic research
BE/BC Plastic Surgeon (general and reconstructive)
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our chief goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Guthrie has established expectations for every physician at Guthrie, based on our core values of patient centeredness, teamwork and excellence. We provide support and mentoring in addition to opportunities for pursuing individualized career paths within the organization. If you are a Plastic Surgeon who shares our vision, we would like to talk with you.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad career opportunities for spouses abound, at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and educational institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a quick trip.
Discover the innumerable rewards of life in the Twin Tiers.
Email me this job description.