Guthrie is seeking a fellowship trained Vascular Surgeon to provide comprehensive treatment of all vascular disorders, including carotid disease and aortic aneurysms.
Guthrie offers a full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient cardiac and vascular testing and treatments with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization, vascular and endovascular surgery, cardiac surgery, including TAVR, electrophysiology, PVI ablations, ICD and CRT-D implantation, non-invasive testing services, cardiac rehabilitation, an arrhythmia center with left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman) and advanced cardiac imaging.
At Guthrie, our vascular surgeons practice at the top of their skill sets and are integral to a team of physicians and advanced practitioners, including non-invasive and interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, interventional radiologists, and cardiac anesthesiologists, all of whom deliver high quality, integrated, advanced clinical care to patients under the aegis of the Heart and Vascular Center.
Why consider this opportunity?
- 100% vascular practice — no general surgery call, with limited night call due to general surgery residents
- Perform full scope of vascular cases, including endovascular surgery, angioplasties and stenting
- State-of-the-art hybrid endovascular suite available, staffed with six vascular techs and two nurse practitioners
- IAC accredited Vascular Lab located in and managed by Vascular Surgery department
- Sophisticated, electronic medical record with digital retrieval and access to studies from the office, the hospital and home
- Teaching and research opportunities available
Guthrie is a fully integrated healthcare system servicing Northeast Pennsylvania and the Southern Tier region of New York. With five hospitals and 45 regional offices in a 12-county catchment area, our team of nearly 500 Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provides more than 1 million patient visits per year.
For more information, contact Krisi VanTassel by calling (570) 887-5203 or by email at Krisi.VanTassel@guthrie.org.